Thursday, February 10, 2011

I'm Sensitive...Are you?

I'm always a softy at heart...at a border-line of being emotional. Sensitive... but hey, never underestimate the power of feminism! That's what puts Michelle Obama, Angelina Jolie, Dr Siti Hasmah and Tan Sri Zeti Aziz on tops of the " I Want To Be Like Her" list. However, As we would kill (or in a more average case, break arms and bones), to be on their pedestal, I much rather take a more defensive stance and continue on my reviews...with a glass of warm Milo on left, uattended reports on my right...I surveyed upon Makeupalley.com to read for more skincare reviews. Trusty website this is...(pat on the head...nod..nod...nod).

Talking about sensitivity, being a person born with atopic eczema, choosing the right skin care hasn't been a cup of tea or a piece of cake for me...(geez, makes me hungry). And I do have so many babes of which they have perfect smooth skin too! (Makes me glow with pride, yet red with envy at the same time tee hee!) Since I started to work, skin problems started to escalate...at an alarming level! My regular skin care routine seemed to not "care" for me anymore...sigh...I guess it doesn't help staying in the Air-Cond all day...but what choice do we have?

So time to up the stakes and do something...

So there I was wandering in Parkson looking left and right...for a skin care gentle enough to be used for sensitive people...like myself...in the effort to make it better and stronger against the harmful externalities...(and internally as well)...

Then I saw REN.
(www.renskincare.com)



Managed to have a chat with the sales assistant in Parkson KLCC, I learnt that REN basically introduced the concept of "CLEAN SKIN CARE"...Means No Petrochemicals, Sulfates, Parabens, Yadda Yadda...or anything that is deemed to harmful for the skin.
The story was inspiring as it started from an English Dude by the name of Antony Buck (Call Him Tony) whose wife couldn't seem to take any other kind of skin care during her pregnancy...gave her reactions it seems!

Makes me wonder if she actually did try Sebamed or Johnson & Johnson for babies. Hmmm...

So regardless we feel sorry for Tony and his wife, I believe it was LOVE that sparked Mr Tony here (along with his friend by the name of Robbie Calcraft) to develop this entire skin care line, for sensitive people who seemed to can't take anything else. So in a way, his wife was pretty smart to have initiated what's now being accepted WORLDWIDE and have been receiving rave reviews over the internet!

 Gee...this story really reminded me of Shah Jahan's love for Mumtaz, but the Emperor gave her Beloved a Taj Mahal (like wow?)... and in the modern world where monuments are no longer a benchmark, I assume it that tributing a skin care empire to a Beloved is indeed great and nevertheless romantic...

Aww *blush...*

Anyway, back to REN, some of their best sellers are:
Jojoba Microbead Invigorating Facial Polish
Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask
Pore Minimising Detox Mask
Mayblossom Balancing Cleansing Gel
Rosa Centifolia Cleansing Gel

Some of REN's Skin care Line




To read reviews on what I've tried, click on the below links:
Jojoba Microbead Invigorating Facial Polish


Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here ya?