Thursday, February 10, 2011

Even We Could Peel As How Bananas Could!

I've never been an ardent Avon fan. Period.

I've tried one of the ranges years and years and years back...and it didn't seem to do good for my skin.
Neither did they do justice for Mom.

But my view had since then changed eversince I was introduced to Avon's Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel.

Chemical Peels wasn't a familiar household term. Having a number of acids involved, one believes its almost impossible to be having a peeling treatment without going to professional salons and end up their skins be "skinned" like "udang-udang baru dibakar".
But of course, the world of At-Home-Chemical-Peels had been introduced by a lovely friend of mine, who recently had a "shingle" fiasco and wanted to try the Avon Clinical Range to get rid of the scars...I was very much surprised! Does it work? Is it safe?

Months and months had passed...and I recently posed a "dark spot" enquiry to her. Being a Beauty Junkie as well, she recommended me the Avon Anew Clinical Advanced Retexturizing Peel. 

"Yeah, it's safe Jue. Don't worry"
"You can do your own peeling at home?" 
"Yes, of course! Seems to help me with my shingles! Plus slathering Vitamin E helped me too! But don't forget to use sunscreen as peeling does make your skin a little dry..."

So it got me thinking and I was very much interested. I wonder if it would make me equivalent to a Banana.
Rough skin outside, but when you peel it...soft and fair in the inside.

What a way to equip your skin, love....

But since it worked wonders to my darling friend, I'd reckon it would be no harm trying.

So I bought the Peel from Avon. With Acids such as Glycolic Acid (AHA) and Salicylic Acid (BHA), one might strike worries, but no fret. It's gentle enough to be used on sensitive skin due to its soothing camomile properties. But try at your own risk ya?

Apparently, it would benefit a lot if you are a member...so Avon members, try to grab this opportunity while you can...

Comes in a nice compact-sized jar. No frills and fancies


A layer of protection in between the lid and the content

This is how each individual pad looks like
So, how did it fare?

Bought: Around 2 months ago (In December)
Texture: The peel pads are very slim. With 30 pieces only, one can easily use up all in about 1 month plus.It has 2 sides; the textured part and the smooth part. I would recommend cutting the pads in half to save up heheheh...

Application: Simply wipe the pad onto your entire face. Upon application, it smells a bit acidic...Might tingle or sting a bit if you aren't use to Facial Acids on your face. Use both sides to maximise application. After applying, go to bed without other things on your face. Wash off the next morning.

RESULTS
When you wake up, your skin feels immediately smoother! I'm like Wow wow wow impressed...
I did see a lightening effect on my dark spots...but not so much. I suppose it has to be on a long term regular basis.

WHAT I LIKE?
Convenient and easy to use. It's a one step peeling system, and you could already feel the results after just one application. Great exfoliator for people who can't seem to take scrubs. 

WHAT I DON'T LIKE?
Not to say I don't like it, but I believe that we still need to be wary of the acids you put on your face. You need to make sure that you do a patch test first. Also, use it sparingly as it tends to be a bit drying if used excessively.

WOULD I BUY IT AGAIN?
Definitely! It's cheap, compact and easily accessible! It delivers visible results, thus perfect for people who are very much on a budget and would like to first familiarize themselves with peeling systems. 


And to Miss N.Jay, thanks for introducing this lovely product! You know who you are... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here ya?