Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Clash of The Serums! - Clinique Radiance Renewer vs Estee's Night Repair

Helo helo and Selamat Hari Raya to all my dear readers. My sincere apologies for not being able to update for quite some time. After a long raya break (plus getting over the tiredness of puasa and the frustration of piling up the post-raya pounds), this slightly fatter-yet-happier mummy sits in front of the desktop, thinking and racking out brains on trying to make her blog seem more interesting. As you've noticed, I've changed the template one-to-many times; shows the unsettled state of mind I'm at (for god knows what reason)...either that, or just the fact that I simply love change, as well as trial-and-error.

Same goes to my latest post today. The Estee Lauder ANR has been a staple in my regime. Why?
Cuz its simplistic in nature, providing all-in-one treatment (hydration plus anti-oxidant plus refining) in a very classy looking bottle.

For a mommy with a busy schedule like myself, this provides me with great sense of practicality

But wait! My other 'gatal' and 'curious' side starts to become adventurous again. So yesterday after work whilst I was in KLCC looking for baby Ammar's ABC book, I stopped at Isetan KLCC to look out for anything interesting.

And I stumbled upon this:-

Clinique Radiance Renewer (RR for short) Serum 



So I already am happy with ANR. Why should I go for this?

So the SA cum skin consultant cheerfully explained to me on the main benefits of this serum. As the name clearly states, this is a fast acting exfoliating serum which instantly creates a luminous-from-within radiance. and reveals skin's finest texture. Overtime, it works to optimise natural cell renewal, gently, continually, unveiling skin that's brighter, healthier, more uniform.

RADIANCE. That's the keyword.

I look at my skin...yeah, I do have yellowish, sallow skin. I need radiance. BUT I already am happy with the works of ANR. So how?

To compare between the ANR and RR, I'll depict this in a table below.

Yes, I'm highly analytical when it comes to skincare. I'm sure you are too.



CLASH OF THE SERUMS

                     




ANR
RR
Function
Anti-aging, Anti-Oxidant, Smoothing
Radiance boosting, pore minimising
Consistency
Clear, watery, brownish liquid

Cream texture (velvety on skin)

Skin type
Mature skin (as a repair treatment), Youth skin (as prevention)
More to normal, combination skin
Need to use a lot of moisturizer on top.
Price
30ml – RM240
50ml – RM330
30ml – RM200
50ml – RM280
Hydrating properties
More
Less
Feeling on skin
Skin feels hydrated and supple
Skin feels velvety, but smooth

 So as what they say, pat your chest and ask your appetite (tepuk dada tanya selera), both serums target different skin types, and treats different skin concerns. Thus, its all up to you.

But for a person like me, I would go for ANR cuz I prefer watery textures and hassle free, all-in-one treatment that I could rely on, in days where I'm just too lazy.

So, any thoughts?

-Jue-

2 comments:

Please leave your comments here ya?