Tuesday, March 29, 2011

UnSung Heroes Do Their Jobs Better Sometimes!

For every girl, there is always a product which we claim as our Holy Grail or HG, defined as THE product that you tried, used, LOVED, RAVED, and use it again again again... Even if you do get tired of it and decide to switch to another brand (either gatal tangan or  mengada-ngada or just plain bored), you'd still go back to it since by comparison, it had done a great deal to you...

This brought me back to my teenage memories, where my skin care regime was at its simplicity; Johnson's clean-and-clear cleanser, Simple toner, Johnson's Baby Lotion as moisturiser (the very fragrant, powdery smell one in a pink-coloured bottle) and Johnson's Baby Powder when I go to school or go out.

Simple and Pure.

Alas, as age gets the better of us, our dear skin slowly loses its elasticity and quick-healing capabilities. Even a tiny pimple gives us the scare of our life! But don't ever let this get you frustrated and give-up...ALWAYS stick to the 1-2-3 routine no matter what, plus your treatment products (i.e serum, masks or whatever...)

The hunt for the most suitable skin care products never stopped for me...especially Toners.

I have a huge huge fetish for Toners. I used to NOT fancy it as everytime I use them, they either itch OR they break me out. But throught a lot of reading and research, I find that one must not ignore the benefits of using a toner:

1) Closes your pores after cleansing and up to a certain extend, your pores appear to be minimized
2) As an astringent to kill bacteria and germs
3) To clear off dead skin cells
4) To ease the absorption of other skin care products later (moisturizer, serum etc)

Finding the right toner could be a lifesaver, and could really provide you more benefits than what I have stated above. One tip: Toners need not be expensive, you could actually buy them at Guardian or Watsons, as long as it works. Some would refer to toners as a "catalyst" - It is not the MAIN THING in a skin care routine, BUT it definitely shall help.

As for myself, this is what I've found in Guardian more than 6 months ago, and have been using this eversince...definitely a great lifesaver for those with acne-prone skin...I know its quite an unknown brand to you...but trust me, they've been in the business for a very long time.

This Brand known as RoC, is as significant in France as Avene, which is a well-known and trusted Dermal brand.

Dermal Brand: No frills and fancy in smell or packaging, but they work effectively)

You could find this in KLCC's Guardian.

I unveil to you.... - ROC Dermatologic Purif-AC Exfoliating Toner for Acne-Prone Skin





Bought: October 2010
Consistency: Green, watery liquid

Application:
Just a few drops for the face and neck, use this toner every night after cleansing. Then, follow with your regular moisturizer.


WHAT I LIKE?
The texture and smell, and does not leave me feeling dry. I especially love the glow my skin emits after using it...looks really healthy!

WHAT I DON'T LIKE
None

RESULTS
Since I've use this toner, its been a LONG time since I've had a serious break-out. Infact, small white bumps that I used to have on the cheeks are completely gone! My brother is also using this toner, and his pores are visibly reduced! He stopped having breakouts too, and he always looks glowy (even without a moisturizer!)

 I mean...wow....

WOULD I BUY IT AGAIN?
Definitely. The fact its just a toner but it does more than what the other expensive toners do, it's definitely a keeper. In fact, I could proudly say its a HG for me.. :)

NEED I SAY MORE?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here ya?